Monday, January 29, 2007

Now and Then


Once upon a time, Benton enjoyed napping on a nice warm pile of laundry. The laundry basket is still one of his favorite places. But now, he helps me load the laundry in the washer first. He hands me each item and tells me what it is: "blue sock. Two blue sock. Another one blue sock. Sisore (Dinosaur) jammies! Put it on. Benton will do it..." Every now and then, I find things that do not belong in the washing machine. Darth Mal, a milk jug, things of that nature. So I'm learning to double check the washing machine before I put anything in and learning to do things a little slower so my little guy can "help." Growing up is such an adventure. I get a little whistful looking back at skinny, wrinkly baby pictures, but I love watching the person he's becoming.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

I now understand how "helping" can not be very helpful. Good job teaching him how to pull his own weight! Just 12 more years until he contributes to the family (To Train Up A Child, by the Pearls)

Andee said...

Meanwhile, it's a good thing he's not all that heavy.