I've been out now as long as I was in, and I have to say, begin out certainly has it's advantages. For one thing, I really like food. I didn't know what I was missing getting fed through that tube in Mommy's belly. I had a lemon yesterday, and I don't understand why some people don't like them. It was so yummy, I held on with both hands and attacked that thing like a tazmanian devil. Chunks were flying everywhere!
I also love being outside. All that cozy darkness has it's place, I am sure, but there is nothing like napping in the shade after a nice swim in my red pool. The other night, I woke up pretty mad at about 2:30, so Mommy took me outside and rocked me in the swing. It was pretty great.
I got to do both of my favorite things yesterday. I soaked up some sun while Mommy, Aunt Laila and Kacie and Jewelian picked raspberries. I got to snack on them--yum yum. And I got berry juice all over me so I looked like a bloody mess when I went to see the Doctor for my check up. He seemed a little concerned that the outside of my diaper was red. But Mommy explained it too him, and he understood how irresistible those fresh berries would be.
So here is what we learned at the doctor's office. I weigh 18lbs even and am in the 10th percentile now. I've been in the 5th since I was two weeks old, so I'm moving up in the world. And I'm 27 inches tall. I look very healthy and am, in the words of the doctor, "a ham." Since I don't know what that means, I'll just smile a lot and jump up and down.
I should get my day started now. Mommy is doing story time for the 4th-6th graders at VBS, and she is going to practice on me. I love story time--mainly because I usually get tickled.
1 comment:
Benton, you are so big. It must be all those lemons and kisses!
Post a Comment